*Warning* Potentially Gross Blog Ahead

Poor, poor baby Caitlin. If it’s not one thing it’s another. We think the teething led to a runny nose which led to projectile vomit. Read on if you dare…

Tuesday evening I noticed that her nose was a bit stuffy and we had a horrible night of not sleeping. Every time she laid flat she couldn’t breathe. She wanted her binky, but couldn’t figure out how to suck it and breathe through her mouth at the same time. This led to a lot of time of Jack or I in the movie sack during the night drifting in and out of sleep while she slept at an angle on top of us so that her nose was clear. I think we each managed about 3 hours sleep.

Wednesday she seemed to be fine despite the runny nose so off to day care she went! When I arrived at 5:30pm to pick her up they were in the midst of changing her clothes. I had arrived about 5 minutes after an episode of projectile vomit. Uh oh. They indicated that earlier she had a temperature of 100 degrees, but seemed fine for the most part up until the little projectile incident. So I gathered up the baby and we headed home for what was bound to be an interesting evening.

Once home I quickly put away her bottles and went to take her out of the car seat so we could cuddle and make her feel better. Well, in the midst of taking her out of the car seat she projectile vomited all over herself, the car seat and me. I’m still trying to figure out where it all came from, especially given that she’d already been sick at day care! I left her in eth car seat, quickly cleaned myself up and took her upstairs in the seat to her bathroom. A quick, fun bath ensued. She was playful, but toned down, and seemed to be doing much better than I was.

Out of the bath tub and drying off I noticed her heaving again. You’ve got to be kidding me! I turned her to her side and then a little further so whatever came up landed on the towel and not her or I. My poor, poor baby. More vomit, this time what mostly appeared to be bile. We quickly threw the towel in the hamper, checked her temperature (no fever) and I looked at her to see how she was doing. She was ready to play of course!

So dressed in a onesie I didn’t care much about we moved on to the living room where I laid out as many blankets as I could find to protect the rug. She managed to play for about 20 minutes before she was ready to sleep on me. She woke up to get out one last bit of bile and play for another 30 minutes. Thankfully it looked like the projectile mess had passed. She slowly drank a small bottle over the course of an hour, kept it down and fell asleep. It probably took another 2 hours for my adrenaline to fade. She seemed to sleep peacefully through the night.

The next day she stayed home and Grandma Pat came over to hang out. We were taking any chances with day care. All day perfectly fine, but she wouldn’t finish her bottles. I was just happy to hear she hadn’t vomited any further. Apparently she was saving it for her parents.

Fast forward to 11:30pm. I went to check on her as it sounded like she was rolling around in her crib restlessly. I walked in and she was still and sleeping, odd. I reached down to get her binky and… ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Yep, vomit all over her bed. I quickly fetched Jack and proceed to clean up her bed while he wiped her down. Sheets changed, baby ready to go back to sleep and… ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! All over her, Jack and the fresh new sheets. *sigh* Changed the sheets again, cleaned her up, Jack cleaned himself up and I proceeded to lie down on the movie sac with her for 45 minutes until she fell asleep again. I hesitantly put her back in the crib and she remained asleep. I, on the other hand, was not sure I would see any sleep for the remainder of the night.

This morning all was good, she had a little Pedialyte and was ready to play and crawl like any other day. No fever, not sluggish or run down, just ready to get her day started. Singing away in fact. This was when we decided it had to be the stuffy nose draining into her tummy that was causing the problems.

Off to day care she went. Bottles with tummy drops in tow. I gave them the rundown of the past few days and prayed for the best. Now an hour prior to picking her up still no call which leads me to believe no vomit. *phew* However the night is still lurking ahead of me…